Gs400 Offset Confusion

Hello,

New to Forum. I've searched this site, as well as many other sources, and haven't been able to find a good answer about WHEEL OFFSETS.

I have a GS400 lowered about 1" with L-Tuned suspension.

I am currently looking to get wheels. Staggered setup 19x8.5 F, 19x9.5 R.

The wheels I want have offset options of 30,35,40,45 for front and 35,40,45 for rear. Everyone I ask gives a different recommendation. I even called the manufacturer.

They recommend 35 offset Front and 45 offset rear.

I measured it out on my car and estimated where the tire would end up. The rear offset of 45 seems fine to me. However, the front offset of 35 concerns me. At the front I figure the outside of the wheel/tire will be flush with the outermost edge of the fender on top. I'm afraid this might cause rubbing issues. I often drive fully loaded (4 people) and around alot of dips and bumps. (And remember, I'm already down 1"). I don't want any rub issues and I'm not willing to deal with any fender mods.

??? Instead of the 35 offset they are trying to sell me, should I demand a 40 offset for the front? Or even a 45? Or will this cause other issues? Is 35 really going to be a problem?

I'm only able to estimate. If anyone has dealt with these issues or has any knowledge, your feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks,

-Ron.

I did check out the site http://www.lexusgonewild.com/articles/WheelFitment.shtml

previously.

For 8.5in width, it shows 32 as aggressive (rubs or fender mods), and 38 as conservative (no issues). The 35 they are recommending for me is right smack in the middle. Thus my confusion.

-Ron.

i guess each wheel maker will have different offsets . :cries:

35 and 45 sounds fine but what size tires you are going with will play the biggest part next

wider or smaller.

wider you go more issues with rubbing

225 front should be perfectly fine though

mr shyper will know for sure

I did check out the site http://www.lexusgonewild.com/articles/WheelFitment.shtml

previously.

For 8.5in width, it shows 32 as aggressive (rubs or fender mods), and 38 as conservative (no issues).  The 35 they are recommending for me is right smack in the middle.  Thus my confusion.

-Ron.

i guess each wheel maker will have different offsets .:cries:

Except for companies like HRE where the offset can be custom, most other manufacturers will have a few offsets available. These offsets, though, are not really standardized. Meaning different manufacturers and different wheels will have an x number of available offsets and these may not be the same set of offsets available at another company.

With the width at 8.5" I'm definitely going with 245/35/19.

Or you can do what is typically known as the "fat" setup: 245/40. This will give you the ride benefitts of the 18s (bigger sidewall) while giving you the clearance benefits of 20s since the outside diameter will be like having 20s. Clearance is nice if you drive the car as a daily driver and have a body kit.

Since the OD is like having 20s, you may have to be more carefull with the offset to minimize rubbing.