Thinking Of Installing Chrome Grille

My 90 LS400 has the gold option grille. The outer part of the grille that is. The emblem is gold, which is fine, but I just really do not like the other part being gold, especially since it is starting to lose the gold color in spots. Also, I think that my cars awful (dark metallic brown) color is bad enough, without even having the gold trim. Is there anything I can put on it to remove the gold plating, or will I have to replace it? I do not need the center (black) part of the grille, but will this also have to be changed out if I want to do away with the outer gold part? Besides E-bay (already looked) does anyone know of a good place to find a replacement grille? Thanks in advance.

There is usually one of these grills there and they go for cheap always... even if you use the buy it now option.

I have a silver one and so far, I don't see any reason for changing it. I am however thinking about getting one of those fender crome kits -- the price seems right, between 30 and 45 bucks. :D

Thanks for that link. Just what I am looking for. Of course it is in Tennessee and I have to pay 9.25% sales tax. :D

I have not looked at mine closely, but is there anyway I can put my gold Lexus emblem back in the chrome grille? Also- how difficult is it to change? (The grille that is). I have seen some LS400s with the chrome grille, but still had the gold Lexus emblem. I think it looks good.

Thanks again.