2005 LS430 doors won’t unlock

John Keahey

I just replaced the door lock actuators in both the front doors on my 2005. Upon testing, all seemed fine.  Door would lock and unlock with the switch and with the fob.  When I got out and locked the doors, the problem reared it’s head.  When all the doors are closed, it won’t unlock.

It’s like a security mode engages.  Even the physical key won’t unlock the driver’s door, it just relocks immediately. I can open the trunk so the fob works there.  Thoughts?

• 3 years later...

My ac  blows cold on the right passenger side but not the drivers side and Ialready had my ac serviced, I was told that the left front actuator door needs replacing on my 2008 Lexus ES 350

• Like 1

This is not uncommon with older vehicles that are used often during warm months. The actuator in question is not the same as the door lock actuator that is mentioned in the first post.
Most likely, what you were told is correct.

• 2 months later...
On 4/4/2020 at 11:52 AM, John Keahey said:

I just replaced the door lock actuators in both the front doors on my 2005. Upon testing, all seemed fine.  Door would lock and unlock with the switch and with the fob.  When I got out and locked the doors, the problem reared it’s head.  When all the doors are closed, it won’t unlock.

It’s like a security mode engages.  Even the physical key won’t unlock the driver’s door, it just relocks immediately. I can open the trunk so the fob works there.  Thoughts?

Did you figure out what was happening? I have a 2005 ls430 ul doing the same thing