Sunglass Holder

LexuSY

Hi all,

I'm a new owner of a 1998 ES300. the previous owner used the center storage (the one right by the dome light, to put his garage door opener. But i want to use it as a sunglass holder. right now it has a bunch of velcro in it. does anyone know where i can get the sunglass holder thingamajig? Thanks!

the parts counter of your local Lexus dealership.

try removing the velcro. Goo Gone and AdheSol are over the counter products that remove the residual adhesive that will be left and they won't harm the plastic (UNLESS THEY ARE XYLENE based).

Last ditch effort is to go to local salvage yards.

steviej

Personnally, Coach leather makes a very nice sunglasses case.

Thanks! I'll try it since i have to go back to the dealer... my check engine light just went on and i just got the car last weekend.

Hey, this is off the topic, but i had this problem with my volvo before this lexus. is it because I switched my headlights that the check engine light can go on? or is it because i'm turning the key too long? lexus' start so smooth, i can't hear if it started the engine or not.

Thanks again!

the check engine light can mean anything from a loose gas cap to a sensor that has "failed" (not recieved or transmitted the proper signal given the information it must process). Yours is a late model ES so that means lots more sensors and more electroncs.

Most often the check engine light has to do with emissions, air/fuel mixtures and engine electronics.

The best thing, since you just bought it. Take it to the dealer (if it was bought from a dealer) and have them read the code. Don't just cancel out the code. The car is telling you something, listen to it. There should have been at least a 60 day warranty from the dealer. If it was a private sale, then there should be at least a 30 day warranty period. Unless stated at the time of sale, you may have legal ground for the previous owner to pay for any repair.

As for the headlight exchange, it shouldn't have any impact on the check engine light, unless a sensor wire was accidentally broken, bent, disconnected during the headlight transplant.

Word of note, if you can't make it to a dealer, Autozone will read any trouble codes free of charge.

good luck.

steviej

hey steviej,

thanks a lot for all your advise. i took it too the dealer and he took off my gas cap, said it would reset if i leave it off for about 15-20 seconds after about 3 hours. and it did. i think that was it.. although, they ran checks and said it was the charcoal canister that was leaking gas? that would have cost me 470 bucks, but i decided not to change it. long story, but basically, i think the guy at the dealer was *BLEEP*ed at me for going over his head. He first said he can only check it for 100 bucks, so i passed. then i spoke to my salesman, and he talked to the service dude to check the light for free.

but anyway, the check engine light is off and i'm happy. :).. thanks again! and i'm still looking for the sunglass holder.. i think i have to order it cause i don't think it's a part that they have lying around..hehehe..