Why Is Dealership Service So Expensive?

koonjpatel

Same feeling here. The dealer will charge $585.00 for 30k service. I decided to DIY. The 30K service includes oil and filter, air filter, coolant change, transmission fluid and brake fluid. DIY costs less than $100 for the OEM parts and a few hours your spare (fun) time.

If you don't have the means to DIY, I suggest to ask some friends/family for a good reliable mechanic that they would recommend. I myself go to an indepentent shop that works mostly on high end European & Japanese cars and he is 40% cheaper than the dealership and does fantastic work (I only take my ES to the dealership for factory warranty work). Other than that, ask some other members that are near your area if they know any good shops for service.

:cheers:

someone recommended me to get the service done at Toyota dealership as they are authorized too work on their "child" company. I did call one dealership-they quoted me $500 -- much cheaper than Lexus dealership.

Just wondering how did it go. May I ask what exact service you had?

Thanks.