my es350 is no shifting into OD

BKDASCH

I have a 2007 es350 with 112000 miles, and my car will not shift into overdrive. I have no engine lights coming on, and the car drives great. Any idea on the problem

BKDASCH,

A search of your issue has three areas that show as a possible cause.

The car has two knock sensors, and if either one goes bad it puts the tranny into limp mode, effectively locking out overdrive.

Another possible cause is a bad engine computer. New ones are $1200, used about half that, and some places can refurbish your old one for about $450.

The last one I found suggests that the speedometer speed sensor has gone south.

What it really needs to be impressed on you is that you need an accurate diagnosis done, to nail down the actual culprit. Don't throw parts at the problem hoping for a cure, only to waste time and money. Get the car to a good mechanic who works on Camry's and Lexus models (doesn't have to be a Lexus dealer) and see if they can pull any codes that point at a solution.

From what I've found in searching, I'm convinced that you don't need a new tranny, but you need to track down the bug preventing the shift to OD. Good Luck!