Suspension

Wildchild

Hey fellow GX 470 lovers, I put a  ICON Stage 2 suspension lift ,to re[place my stock suspension, very nice ride  not to firm, I do miss the stock ride adjustment. Frontcoil overs and conversion of the rear to coil springs, roughly 1 1/2 inch of lift all the way around. Front upper control arms changed. So far no problems and has exceptional 4  x 4 abilities. Next  thing maybe change the running boards? I really like the stock ones , but can get in the way some times when  4 x 4 wheeling. I can go up a whole size from stock on tires but have kept it stock. Maybe next set will be 265-70-17s. Running Michelin AT right now.Can't do the stirsteps  in Moab, But can get to Chicken corners,Elephant Hill no problem.. 140,000 miles and still good as new.... I painted the front control arms red, they look way cool, they peek out from under the fender wells..Still getting  16 to 17 mpg. There is a little more rode noise from it sitting up a little higher.So if your needing to replace your suspension componets take  ICON into consideration. You can even go bigger and badder on everything but I just wanted a little bit of lift and awhile lot better performance . I gotta change my coolant this afternoon . Keep your ride all prissed up and do something nice for your  GX soon, HAPPY WHEELING