Car alarm issues

Long-standing intermittent problem. My car alarm goes off whenever it feels like it. I have brought it into a dealer but without being connected to the computer system when this occurs they cannot diagnose the problem. The problem actually occurred right in their parking lot but because it wasn't connected to the system, no solution.  But they will not dedicate a system to the car because it is an intermittent problem and if it doesn't happen within the first hour then they have other uses for their computer system. I live in a city and it goes off now in the middle of the night. I actually am afraid that I will get up some day, go out to my car and find it smashed because people are so annoyed.  How do I disable this alarm ?  I have been trying to solve this problem for a year and a half and it has gotten to the point where I actually might have to buy a new car and get rid of this car because of this issue which is absolutely ridiculous!

Susan16727,

I've searched several forums for an answer, and most of them are "try this, try that" and not very convincing. There is a way to permanently disable the alarm system. There's  a small module in the dash (alarm module) that just has to be disconnected and your problem disappears. The only other thing that looked promising was to change the battery in your key fob. Apparently a weak battery can cause this issue. Good Luck!

• Like 1