Alternator removal of 2009 Lexus RX

Have any one ever tried to replace an alternator of RX350?? I just purchased this SUV for my wife, after one week the battery light comes on. I figure it out it is the alternator.

any idea would help, appreciate. 

thanks chin.

Before getting involved with changing out the alternator I would take the car, if still running, to Sears and have them load test the battery to make sure it is good. They also check the alternator at the same time.

Don

How did you check the alternator.?  When the vehicle is sitting with engine off the battery should measure 12.5 volts.  When the engine is running the voltage should measure around 13.5 to 14.7 volts.  Turn your headlamps on while doing this.  If your voltage is in that range, the alternator is probably good.  Just my two cents from a half of century of troubleshooting car electricals.

Thanks much guys, I tested and it was the alternator I'm sure 99%. The battery is able to start the truck the battery voltage dropped 3 volts. (9.0)V. trying to accelerate the engine no voltage changes in the digital meter. The battery is weak I pull it out put into my other car jump start and drove 5 miles  no problem still work on the next say . Next is to check the fuse line.

Thanks much,

Cheer.