My 2001 Lexus ES300 is currently stranded in the parking garage at work.

Battery light and oil light come on with key in ACC mode. Start car and then it dies immediately. Car will turn over and act like it's starting but never will after that.

Had the check engine light on before with shift solenoid A and B electrical. Have also been having trouble with key activating the security immobilizer feature. I've reset ECU several times to fix it.

I also installed a new battery recently. Any ideas what's going on or how to fix it?

Thanks for any help you can give!

nathanwinklepeck,

Get someone to lend you a code reader and get the DTC codes from your car to know exactly where to start looking for your problem.

But from what you describe I think your security system is shutting down the engine computer. I've had the same issue with my diesel truck a year ago. It would crank, start and die, crank,start and die.

In my case, 14 wires were chewed through by a mouse that had made a nest under the fuse box in the engine compartment, where all of the wiring from the entire truck comes together.

You may have the same issue, maybe not a mouse, but something is telling the security system to not allow the car to start. Get the codes read, and if that doesn't point you in the right direction, get the car towed to a good independent mechanic who knows his stuff. Good Luck!