F sport transmission problem

Kiwimum

When I bought the car I loved it!  Now, only a couple months in it drives like a stick shift.  Problem is it is not consistent so hard to show the service department.  It is usually when I take off from a stop sign.  It will make you jerk as if you are driving a stick shift for the first time.  Anyone else have this problem??

Hi Diane and welcome to the Club.

That's a strange problem to have especially from a brand new RX. Other members, including myself, virtually have no problems with our's.Probably the best thing to do is have the dealer download the trouble/service codes to see if the cars internal maintenance computer has logged a trouble code that shows something wrong with the transmission software, or the engine control software. If you have already done this and they haven't found the trouble,have them give you in writing what steps they will take next and what they will do if they are unable to fix the problem.

Lexus dealers are by and large professional, helpful, and good to work with.Do you feel that your problem is being taken seriously? Have you had to contact the Lexus Customer Service line? (You can contact Lexus Customer Service by going to "LexusCustomerservice.com" There is also a Lexus service line if your having a problem with your dealer and feel that your problem is not being taken seriously, or the dealer is just giving you the run around.

It is difficult to have Lexus or the dealer go so far as to replace the car. It is expected that the dealer should be able to fix almost any problem and therefore they need to try every thing to solve your trouble before resorting to a new car.

Please come back and let us know how things are progressing and what problem they've uncovered.

Paul

• Like 1