Body And Rubber Lubricant

Exhaustgases

I am constantly seeing people recommending a silicone spray lube on rubber parts.

I talked to a few top body and paint people and they say you don't want the car in the same area you are spraying any kind of silicone lube. It makes if very difficult to paint and is very hard to remove, and will find its way into small crevasses and make paint blister. I'm not saying we ever what to paint an LS but if it ever needs such work done and you ever used silicone lube on weather stripping there maybe some paint problems. I think products like Quick detailer and 303 have better UV protectant and are made for plastics and rubber products. Even a rubber lube is a good option.

I don't use any kind of lubricant on the outside part of my vehicle because I don't want it on my paint. I do need to get out on a pretty day and halfway put my top down and lube the rubber in-between the roof panels. I get a lot of rattles in winter.

You might want to check on Zaino products. Their wax leaves no residue and you can use it on rubber. That might help you.

If you use spray silicon, spray it on paper towel and then wipe down the door seals with the towel. Let it dry with the doors open and then wipe off the residue with a dry towel. I've been doing this since the 1970's and have never had any paint deterioration from it and we have kept a lot of vehicles over 10 years.

I used silicon grease that came in a tube in the 1970's per the owners manuals of the Mercedes and Volvo junk I drove back then.