Air Intakes For 95 Ls400

Does anyone have recommendations for a cold air intake for my 1995 LS400? Do they effect the emissions at all? Are they an easy install? Have you noticed differences?

Thanks!

you can just buy the conical filter for a cheap solution to direct air.

it will still make the deep sucking sound and improve performace, the only draw back is you have to drill a hole in the stock intake hose, for the MAF to go in....or the car will start and die.

you can order a full cold air kit from K&N that comes with the metal tubing, conical filter, and MAF adapter, i think it will set you back about $275

BTW, i had the system on my Eclipse GSX, its very easy to install, (just a bolt on)remove the OEM components ie...air box, unhook MAF, ect....install new hardware and your ready to rock... :lol:

i think it gave the eclipse somewhere between 4-7 HP gain, shows a lot in low end torque

yes they do make kits for all cars now directley from K&N

typhoon induction kit, fipk induction kit......the tube all the way up to the throttle body,

you just have to get one with the right diameter for the throttle body i think its 3 1/2 "

some of the kits are even usiversal, all you have to do is select the size you need bolt it on. has the MAF connector,,,the whole shebang

heres one system i got really fast its not from K&N, but its the induction kit for our LS's

http://www.autosportz.com/airintake_lexus_ls400.htm