Windshield On Is 250 F Sport

I traded in a Lexus CT for an IS 250 F sport. Nothing wrong ever happened to my CT. I decided to upgrade to an IS 250 F sport since my lease was up. I've had nothing but bad luck with the IS 250 F sport. I bought the car on 6/6/15, one month later a rock hit my windshield instead of a small crack, it spread to over 6 inches rapidly. I bought the extra insurance that covers windshield, dents and tires. Since the crack spread over 6 inches, it wasn't covered. I had to claim under comprehensive insurance for $500 deductible. No more than a month have passed, another rock hit my windshield again. The crack spread rapidly over 6 inches again. So, I have to make new insurance claim. I have to pay another $500 deductible. I can't afford it since it happened twice in less than a month. I called Lexus to complain about the windshield. Maybe there is a defect on the factory built glass. They are not budging and won't help me repair or replace the 2nd windshield. For a luxury car and the windshield to crack and spread that easy is unacceptable. I've owned several cars in the past (Toyota, BMW, Honda, Dodge, Ford, Chevy) and this is the first time my windshield cracked and spread twice in 1 month. I am hoping someone can assist me. It's frustrating to file another insurance claim and pay $500 out of pocket that I can't afford. If I don't claim under my insurance the windshield replacement would cost me $819! Please someone help me find a solution. Thank you.

Cristina,

You are a victim of what we call BAD LUCK. I certainly wish the windshields on some of my older vehicles would take a hit because they are sandblasted from years of wind. Of course that hardly ever happens, nope always the new ones.

Your comprehensive insurance should cover all but your deductible (mine is $100 on some and $50 on others). If your insurance company is expecting you to pay THAT much, they should also be expecting you to shop for another insurance company.

Now take one moment and look at the positives to balance things. You MIGHT have had stuff hit, chip, and dent your paint. Welcome to the LOC and I certainly hope your spirits can be raised by our friendly community. Only car stuff which is about all I like anyway.

Denny