Ramps For 2012 Es350

LOUC

louc,

For years I used ramps, and then the manufacturers started lowering the cars to the point that they are useless today.

If you are into doing your own oil changes and brake jobs, or more, bite the bullet and purchase a reasonably priced floor jack and 4 (or just two if the budget is tight) jack stands.

I have 6 vehicles that I service regularly for oil changes, brake jobs and just about any repairs that I feel qualified to to tackle. The floor jack lifts them all, from the wife's ES350 (dead center under the nose is a jacking point), my Subaru OutBack (again dead center just under the nose), the GMC dually (side frame each side up front), to the 1990 300ZX (center cross member just in front of the oil pan, after driving the front wheels up on 2x6's so the jack will fit under neath the nose).

Even on a gravel driveway you can use one, just put it on a 2x12 plank before you start jacking. And then PUT THE JACK STANDS UNDER THE FRAME POINTS to ensure that you'll be safe when working under the car.

HI GENE :)

THANKS for the info. You can get the floor jack under the ES350 without any problem! I have a set of jack stands that I can use. Where do you put them on your ES350? Again thanks for all your help.

Lou

louc,

Yes, the jacking point is dead center on the ES, just in about a foot from the edge of the nose. You'll see a dropped down domed section of the subframe that is the jacking point, and yes, my floor jack slides under there with no problems.

As far as jack stand points, once the car nose is in the air, I use the squared off side rails that drop down from the firewall, just behind the front suspension, but in about a foot from the side of the car.

The rear jacking point is a drop down rounded section dead center of the car, right where the rear differential would be if this wasn't a front drive vehicle. Its quite far in from the back bumper, but is purpose built for jacking. As for rear jack points I use the brackets that hold the lower suspension links in front of the rear wheels. They're sturdy enough to support the weight.

As I stated in my previous post, should you run across a car that is too low for the floor jack, just drive the wheels up on some short 2x6 scraps of wood, and then slide the jack under. Works like a charm.

HI GENE :)

Thanks that info clears up my question. I will be doing oil & filter change soon with Mobil 1 Synthetic. I have my 2012 ES350 about three months. The sales person said it was changed but I do not believe him. This dealer waited so long to get me my registration that the temp ran out and I could not drive the car for two days. Then the title took three months to get and on the date was a date of three weeks after I purchased the ES. Now this is a Lexus dealer that I am talking about. They are so unorganized and the salesman give me the runaround with this paper work!!!!!!!!!!!