Few Glitches With '97

hurschel

I haven't been here for a while, but recently have a few gremlins show up on my LS. I don't drive the car much anymore although I really like the car. When I insert the key, the steering wheel will extend, but doesn't drop down. I can keep flicking the switch and it will only move occasionally, if it doesn't move, it makes no sound, keep hitting the switch and it will move a small amount once in a while. I think I remember reading about a loose plug or connection somewhere in the steering colum. Is it possibly a loose connection or maybe a dirty switch? I'd like to keep everything working on this great old car, maybe someone can point me in the right direction.

'97, Thanks, I found those two threads, but that's not my problem. It makes no noise, no grinding no motor sound at all. If I keep hitting the switch, the motor will start and the wheel will move, have to keep hitting the switch to get it to move a little at a time. I'm beginning to think the contacts in the switch are dirty and I haven't found any info on how to get the switch apart to clean the contacts.