8 Speaker Amplifier Info

Hello everyone! I have scavenged the net looking for information about the factory amplifier installed in these vehicles and I have been unable to find ANY useful info. I have a 2009 RX350 with navigation and without ML.

I want to upgrade the factory audio system (head unit, speakers, sub) but I cannot find the output info on the factory amp to help me decide if I want to keep it or upgrade it. I would like to know the peak and RMS wattage of the amp. I would also like to know, if I upgrade the amp, would I still be able to add the steering wheel adapter to the install and retain usage of my steering wheel controls. I would greatly appreciate any info!

Thank you in advance!

Have you physically checked the amp, itself? If the info you seek is not there, you may be able to contact the manufacturer or distributor.

Hello everyone! I have scavenged the net looking for information about the factory amplifier installed in these vehicles and I have been unable to find ANY useful info. I have a 2009 RX350 with navigation and without ML.

I want to upgrade the factory audio system (head unit, speakers, sub) but I cannot find the output info on the factory amp to help me decide if I want to keep it or upgrade it. I would like to know the peak and RMS wattage of the amp. I would also like to know, if I upgrade the amp, would I still be able to add the steering wheel adapter to the install and retain usage of my steering wheel controls. I would greatly appreciate any info!

Thank you in advance!

Hi Jon and welcome.

There are a couple of places to look for your information. The easiest one is to ask your dealer. Some may not be thrilled by this but will help a good customer. Another choice is "Toyota Information services". This is an official Toyota site covering every technical detail on all models of Toyota, Lexus , and Scion. Log on to TIS.com and register. 2 days of access is $15.00.

Let us know how things turned out.

Paul