Low Tire Pressure Warning Light

I had a low tire on my 2004 LS 430 and the warning light lit up in the Tach and the Message Center. I now have replaced the tire, but the warning light won't go off. I have pushed the button under the dash according to instructions in the manual, but the warning remains and the red idiot light remains. The manual says that if this persists after you push the button, then take the car to the dealer.

Is there an alternative to this other than ignoring the message & light?

Hi Cliff,

Resetting the low tire light has always been a pain with Lexus. In addition, the method has changed from model year to year.

I don't have a specific fix for you, but as a first step, do a search of our data base looking for 'low tire light reset' and of course add your model and year. Also, you can take it to your dealer and they will not charge you.

Let us know how you come out.

Paul

Cliff...were you balancing on your nose when you pressed the button? Under a full moon of course ^_^

Seriously, I believe you have to hold the button until you get a 'ding', then release.

Also, it is possible that your TPS (Tire Pressure Sensor) may be defective. Or your spare tire may be low as well.

In any case, I am surprised that the shop which replaced your tire did not reset the system for you.

Randy I think our on to something.........repairing anything under a full Moon is a must. I would also recommend a Potion, consisting of a bat wing, eye of newt, and the rust of a Ford Pinto.

Trying to add a little humor into this weird problem.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I purchased a 2005 ls 450 this winter. Great car except for that dang low tire pressure warning light. Checked the spare tire for issues. No problem there. Just bought 5 new summer tires. Still have the same problem. Seems to come on only at highway speeds. 10 minutes on the Interstate and then bing, the warning light goes on. I reset it, and then 10 minutes later, on the highway, same thing. No problem in and around the city. Anybody know of a Technical Service Bulletin on this issue?

• 2 weeks later...

Your year of Lexus does not have the individual tire read out. However, I do have it on my 2013 ES350. I think the tire monitoeing started around 2012.

I wonder if the people mounting your new tires reused the "Sending Valve" units in the new tires. If so, if the old valves were defective, and reused, you may still have the same problem. The Valve Stem Senders are expensive so I suggest getting several estimates.

Welcome to the LOC.

Paul

• 4 years later...

Hello all, I got Ls 2004 and having the same issue it's the tire sensors but the problem we can't know which tire so I'm going to replace one by one until this stupid light 'tire low" disappear.

Mj