Lexus Audio Display Won't Recognize Iphone As "usb Memory Devi

FredJim

P351 ("USB Photo") of the 2015 Lexus 350 manual states that a memory device connected to the USB ports will allow viewing of photos on the audio display; this won't work for me using an iPhone 6--could it be that it won't recognize anplugged in and turned on iPhone 6 as a "memory device" even though iPods are OK? On the Info screen, USB1 Photo or USB2 Photo remain in background even connected as per pp 359 and 451 ("USB Photo") instructions. Thanks for any info and help.

Hi James and welcome.

I've looked through my 2013 Nav. manual and found no mention of photo viewing on either iphone or ipod. The only mention I found was displaying the album art work from an ipod. Obviously, they have upgraded the software for your application.

For the best and quickest way to get an answer, your dealer has a person trained to help customer work and set up their features. They are usually called Technical Advisers. This is free.

Please come back and let us know what you find out so we can all learn.

Paul

Interesting question James. I never tried what you said. I really do need to get to the dealer and spend some time with the tech guy. Still have a lot of things I don't understand about the electronics that I should know.

Welcome