Fog Light Attachment

I have a 2005 ES330 and the right fog light is loose in its socket. It seems to be connected at the side and bottom but is pushed back at the top. Anybody know how to tighten the light back in its opening?

pakaplan,

In almost all cases the front bumper cover must be removed, in order to get at the back of the fog lights to their mounting bolts/screws/tabs. Generally when all of the plastic plugs/bolts/screws that secure the bumper cover are removed, the cover is pulled forward until you can reach in behind and disconnect the wiring harnesses to the fog lights. Then the bumper cover is freed up to allow access to the fog light mounting points.

I expect your fog light has a broken mounting point, or a bolt/screw has come loose.

On some cars there is enough room to get at the back of the fog lights, if the bottom wind shield from the bottom of the bumper cover to the oil pan is removed. Others have to have the inner plastic wheel well unplugged/unbolted and pulled away to gain access. In either case you won't know until you get into it.

Having never removed the bumper cover on my wife's last ES330, an 04, it could be any of the three above sequences. Not hard to do, but finicky for sure. Good Luck!

Sounds a little too involved for me. I was able to get to the fog light by removing the plastic cover underneath, but could not get to the top of the fog light or see what secures it from above. Most likely something broken off. A shame Lexus doesn't give you an estimate before tearing it apart first and billing you for that. Never hurts to ask for a ballpark estimate though. Thanks.