Traffic On Nav System Display

DaveLarson

When my free one-year Sirius radio subscription expired I also lost the "highway traffic problems" display on my Nav System. Is there any way to get traffic without buying the Sirius subscription? If I owned an Acura, this would be possible.

Hi Dave and welcome.

This is an interesting problem, but let me see if I can come up with some ideas.

To my knowledge, I have never heard of the SiriusXm feature being linked to the other channel offerings or basic channels. If that were true you should have lost your gasoline price page, your stock market page and possibly other guidance. Call your dealer and ask him for help.

Don't forget about your warranty. The car has 40,000 miles and a 4 year life warranty

Paul

Why don't you ask the SiriusXM people if the Traffic feature is available separately. I've gotten at least one email per week and one phone call each month since I allowed SiriusXM including Traffic to expire last year in my Sienna. XM Traffic didn't provide any value here in the Midwest but I would hope it would in densely populated California. The final straw was when the XM Traffic feature did not route me around an Interstate highway bridge closure here in the Kansas City metro area. I knew several days earlier that the bridge was going to close and there were detour signs but I would have thought that XM traffic would have known about it since my portable Garmin did.

When my free one-year Sirius radio subscription expired I also lost the "highway traffic problems" display on my Nav System. Is there any way to get traffic without buying the Sirius subscription? If I owned an Acura, this would be possible.

Dave,

Just wanted to check in and see if you got the information you needed.

Paul

Thanks for the assistance, folks. After 20 in a chat session with Sirius I found that their web site does list pricing for traffic only on the Lexus nav screen. the price would be $3.99 per month. As our iPhones do a very nice job advising us of traffic challenges, there is no incentive for us to pay for Sirius traffic. But at least I now have the information.