Condensation Or Standing Water?

I don't know what year ES you're talking about since you never mentioned it, but on my previously owned '94 ES I took my car to the dealer because of condensation in the right taillight. They replaced the complete taillight assembly as a warranty repair. This was done in 2000, after the car was about 6 years old.

press the issue with 1-800-25-LEXUS. If it is condensation, ask the dealership for data on how many he fixes due to routine condensation vs standing water.

Look around the lot and see how many used and CPOs have "condensation"

keep on them. the 800 number wants complete customer satisfaction and if the car is still in the warranty period, there should be no question and no discussion.

steviej

The stealership is saying it's condensation and that I have to foot the $388+labor to replace. I say it's standing water, which is covered under warranty- What do you guys / gals think?

Headlight/lamp

IMHO, I would probably call it condensation. I don't see any standing water in the bottom of the housing in any of the pictures.

i'm here in the waiting room, they are driving it across the street to have it checked out. the problem here, is if i turn the light on or drive, or just let it sit there, the water evaporates. How can i prove this if my evidence literally dissapears on me when i need to show proof?

just got home= they will order the part and call me in a couple of days. "we'll also call extended warranty". Um, I said OK. He made it sound like I'll still have to pay. Weird. Either way- Customer satisfaction told me to call them after my visit, and i'm on hold now!