Warranty Enhancement Notice

I own a 1997 ES300 and in January '04 I had to have the EGR valve replaced. A few weeks ago I received (along with others I'm sure) what was titled "1996 THROUGH 1998 MODEL YEAR FEDERAL EMISSIONS WARRANTY ENHANCEMENT NOTICE". It stated that if any of the following parts need replacement they would be covered under warranty, and if any of ther following parts have already been replaced there would be a reimbursement:

-Evaporative storage canister

-Evaporative susyem pressure sensor

-Fuel cap

-Fuel Tank

-Fuel tank filter

-Purge valve

-Tank vapor vent line

-Three way valve

-Any other part or component, excluding any maintenance parts, between the fuel tank and intake manifold (but not including the intake manifold) designed to contain or conduct fuel vapor from the fuel system

My question, is the EGR valve I had replaced eligible for the reimbursement?

Probably not. The EGR valve recirculates some exhast gasses back into the intake that are mixed with fresh air and then drawn in for combustion. Since the EGR valve is not involved in supplying any fuel or fuel vapor into the engine system I doubt that it would be covered (based on what you have set forth in the details of your post).

But... It is always worth asking Lexus directly.