It's The Little Things That Make It Special

13IS250C

Another "plus" feature in Lexus that is common to premium cars is the one-touch open and one-touch close moonroof.

Some regular cars/SUVs (some Toyotas and Mazdas for example) don't have one-touch closure feature, you have to hold the button until roof is completely shut.

I enjoy using moonroof on mild days (in the low-mid 70's) on mountain road drives, very much a semi-convertible experience.

I've owned 5 rag tops and finding that a nice big moonroof works very well in bringing in the outdoors on a nice day. I will not own a sport sedan/coupe without.

Well I have used the subwoofer. Very nice system you can really crank.

Come spring, maybe I'll have to try the sunroof. After the Miata, I decided I don't like the sun on me that much. I did drive around with the top down last winter. 25 degrees and I'm bundled up cruising. Got some curious looks from onlookers. Of course then some big guy and his girl came by dressing in Santa clothing on a Harley and upstaged me.

Raining like a bad dog ad 70 degrees here in Virginia Beach. Merry Christmas I guess.

• Like 1

Premium cars including Lexus have nicely finished trunks. All seem to have trunk hinges designed to not scratch fine leather luggage, although I'm not sure I've actually benefited from that thoughtful detail...

Ha, loved the trunk luggage thing. Without going into detail, I spent a LOT runs to airports. The IS has the clear trunk protectors which would have prevented the scratches from luggage on the ES330. As far as a Lexus trunk scratching luggage, not to worry Steve, the airlines have you covered. Can't tell you how much luggage we have replaced.

My wife, being from New York City, had these huge bumper guard things on the front and back of her car. Made her 69 Barracuda look terrible. I had fixed several dents and was ready to paint and remove the bumper things. Of course by then the car was stolen so never got around to the task. Nice car, missed that one.