Another Filter Or A Pack Of Thieves?

youngdoog

I'm the dope that posted a problem with trying to find the cabin filter in my 94LS that I've owned for 4 months. I asked how I could possibly reach the filter, since it was in a tiny spot, and was 11" above the 1" opening, out of reach. After your expert help, I realized that there was NO filter installed in the plenum. Subsequently, I installed a new filter, again with the expert help of our forum.

Today, I reviewed the limited repair history that I obtained from Fletcher Jones Lexus here in Las Vegas, and found the following:

05/13/02

AC FILTER CLOGGED, REPLACE AC FILTER. .80 labor hours.

Question-Is there another A/C filter beside the cabin filter? Or did the dealer shaft the owner? Can't wait for your thoughts.

I'm the dope that posted a problem with trying to find the cabin filter in my 94LS that I've owned for 4 months. I asked how I could possibly reach the filter, since it was in a tiny spot, and was 11" above the 1" opening, out of reach. After your expert help, I realized that there was NO filter installed in the plenum. Subsequently, I installed a new filter, again with the expert help of our forum.

Today, I reviewed the limited repair history that I obtained from Fletcher Jones Lexus here in Las Vegas, and found the following:

05/13/02

AC FILTER CLOGGED, REPLACE AC FILTER. .80 labor hours.

Question-Is there another A/C filter beside the cabin filter? Or did the dealer shaft the owner? Can't wait for your thoughts.

Most A/C systems do have a filter/orifice inside the pressure line to capture contaminates in the system not for oder if that screen becomes clogged the A/C will not blow cold air perhaps that is the filter the mechanic changed?