Anybody Want A Car-phone?

ayan

I have a fully functioning, in-car cellular phone (plus mount) from my 1990 LS400. It's barely been used, a testament from the fact that I only have 50,000 miles on my car. I finally removed it to make more space in that compartment. If no one wants it, I'm gonna just end up throwing it away. Do you think the Lexus Dealer will want the part back? It seems a waste to just throw it away. I guess I could put it up on ebay, but thought I'd give this forum first dibs.

Someone may well want your phone - especially if you include the trunk mounted transceiver and steering wheel control. Some companies will provide analog service if you already have digital service with them. My tri-mode phone sure spends a significant amount of time in analog mode when traveling through the midwest.

I am trying to find a steering wheel phone control for my 2000 LS and just sent a request to a dealer last night. I got no response from the buy and sell forum. Supposedly the 98-00 were of the same design except the controls came in a variety of colors to match the interior. I would like to see if I can interface the steering wheel phone control with a few functions on my Nokia car kit. I am starting to get quite a kick out of tracing the LS telephone system wiring after recently connecting my Nokia to mute the Nakamichi when a call comes in.

Or you might want to keep your steering wheel phone control if you want to try something similar.