My New Baby - Part Ii

I just wanted to say how fantastic I think this forum is - I've read just about every post here and in detailing and I've received such informative insight into my new ES300.

I picked it up Saturday and drove the 3 hours home in utter bliss. She's such a beauty and rides like a cloud. I've attached a picture below.

The only odd thing about the car is the missing CD changer in the glovebox. The original sticker from the window was in the owner's manual and lists the car as having the Value Package, and lists the in-dash CD player. But there is no sign the CD changer has ever been installed in the vehicle. Weird...

Again, thanks - and hopefully I won't need any serious advice in the near future!

post-7-1081395196.jpg

Your car is soooo pretty, looks like mine :D except I don't have the creases on the hood. Mine is a '99. I love the white on grey. Thanks for sharing your pic. I'll post a pic of mine later. Where did you buy your car from? I got mine from Killeen, TX.

About the CD changer, I'm wondering since you have the in-dash CD player if you won't have a CD changer???? I have the CD changer but no in dash CD player just a tape deck.

Here's a link to one that someone has on the Bay right now. You should be able to connect to the existing setup w/ few problems.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...&category=43948

I would think that you could get the player and a professional install by an independent shop for @ $500. I don't know what the dealer would charge.

I don't have an in-dash player so the changer is a must have for me, but if I did have the in-dash model, then I could probably live w/o the changer.

Did Lexus offer an in-dash player in this year/model? I HATE opening the glove box every time I want to change CDs... if I could get my hands on an in-dash unit, I'd be delighted! :D

I bought the car from Texas Direct Auto in Sugarland (texasdirectauto.com). They were fantastic and I HIGHLY recommend them to anyone. They list on e-bay, but do most of their business over the phone.

Regarding the in-dash CD player, I think Lexus considers the glove box part of the dash and although I have a CD button on the head unit, no changer in the glove box. Still weird to me that the previous owner seems to have paid for it, but it was never installed.