1993 Sc300 5 Speed Clutch Sticking Help!

ncsc3

Hey guys. I have a 1993 sc300 five speed. I just replaced the clutch last year and it isn't slipping or anything but when i first take off in first and get ready to depress the clutch to shift to second and then third it wants to stick to the floor and it gets progressivley worse each gear i go through. If i wait like ten seconds and then depress it again then its all the way back out with full back pressure on it. But after that it wants to stick down to the floor again. Anybody have any idea what might bew causing this? Does the hydraulic fluid need to be bled and replaced? I also talked to the guy who had the car before me and he gave me some disturbing newsd. He put redline mt90 transmission fluid into the clutch fluid reservoir. He said he could only fit a tiny bit in there (the volume of the reservoir itself) but do you guys think that this could have something to do with it? Any suggesstions would be greatly appreciated.

well you have to determine first weather its the pedal thats making it stick or the clutch master that is causing it.

but first of all why dont you drain all of that fluid and flush then add brake fluid to see if that remedies the problem. in worst cases you will need to replace your clutch slave and or rebuild your master.

ok... I drained all of the fluid and replaced it with dot3 brake fluid but the problem still remains. Is it possibly that when I drained the fluid air may have been let into the line? What is the exact procedure for doing this on a sc300??

its deffinitely not the pedal. because when i pull it up off of the floor board it takes a few seconds for pressure to build back up. I did however find another valve with a rubber nipple type thingy on top of it that is apparently for bleeding air from the line. Well i loosened it while another person was pressing the pedal down and as soon as i loosened it air sprayed out with a small bit of fluid, kind of like the way an airesol can sprays. Anyways, when this happened it was unexpected and my instinct was to turn my head quickly to protect my eyes or what not. When i did this I slammed my face into the underside of the car and decided to call it quits for the day. But I think I might be on to something with this air bleeeding nipple thingy. I think if I do that *BLEEP* a couple more times it should hopefully bleed all of the air out of the line and solve my problem. But I'm pretty sure its not the pedal because, like i said before, when it gets stuck to the floor board and i pull it back up with my foot there is no back pressure on the clutch for at least five to ten seconds, i.e. it engages when you let it off the floorboard just a half inch or so, and sometimes it gets to the point where i will have to crank the car and I will have the clutch pedal all the way down but the car lerches forward in first while trying to crank it.

THANKS FOR THE ASSISTANCE JZZ30

no problem with the help thats what we are here for. ok as for that bleeder, it helps if you can find a clear hose from a hardware store that fits snug on to the nipple so you can see the fluid drain and see if there are bubbles still in the fluid(and so it doesnt spray in your face ;) ) its possible that the trans fluid made the seals sticky in your slave and master so the master might need a rebuild and your slave might need to be replaced. so when you replace these things you need to bleed the system again so its a good idea to buy this clear hose. oh and just poke a hole in an old oil bottle to have somewhere for the brake fluid to drain.(brake fluid is corrosive so its not too good to have splattering around.....just a tip :D )

I very much agree with izz30, the trans.oil has swelled the seal cups in the master cylinder & slave cyl. to the point they are jamming in their bores. You might replace the master cyl. first & try it, as the oil may not have reached the slave cyl. Probably need both tho.