Remote Start Installation

Hello Lexus Family,

I recently installed the remote start in my 2014 Lexus ES350. I am very disappointed that across my widshield it looks like a bandaid on my brand new car. Can anyone tell me is this normal ? I was under the impression that it would hidden. I have attached a photo because I would expect this from a second hand source but not from the original factory dealer.

I would really appreciate some input because I am considering removing the entire system and foregoing the remote start.

Thank You in advance for all replies.

post-157267-0-52377400-1404451105_thumb.

Hi Victoria and welcome to the Lexus Owners Club.

Yes, you have a problem. Secondly, I want to give you a round of applause for taking on a task that I don't think I've heard of any one else doing them selves. It is quite a task.

From your photo is looks like the piece that is not sticking is a piece of the antenna film. Is this correct? If so does the engine start when you press the button on the key fob? If so, How close do you have to be in order for the starter to engage? All of these settings should work if everthing is installed correctly. If they don't then the loose film MAYBE a part of the problem.

Remember your ES has a 4 year bumper to bumper warranty. Don't shoot yourself in the foot here by continuing to play with systems that could flame you warranty. Usualy there are several car audio dealers in town who install remote starts ar good orices... As for me, I use my dealer because it protecte my warranty and my $43,000 car is tinkered with people who have actualy work on a 2014 ES350.

Hope this helps.

Paul

Hi Paul,

Thank you for your response, I am adding some aditional daytime photos. The Lexus Dealer in Las Vegas was the one that actually worked on the vehicle because it was brand new but they did it after the vehicle was delivered. As I read with another user it seems as if Lexus is behind in some aspects with their technolgy. So I just wanted to know does every Lexus owner have this remote start placed on their windshield it is on my passenger side windshield. It was dark last night so I'm not sure the image I portrayed or my explanation was clear. Everything seems to work correctly the range and on the smart phone I can start the car from my office sitting at my desk while it is parked outside. I don't like the fact that it does cut off when I enter but I do understand that was a safety precaution they put in.

I just need to know why this is not hidden. I have friends that are owners of Lincoln and you don't see their remote start. It's not on their windshield so why is ours ?

I was so disappointed as I mentioned when I saw it. The tried to tell me later that they could attempt to hide it under the top cover but the prongs may still stick out. I am just not wanted them to touch it right now until I receive a clearer understanding.

Thank You

post-157267-0-35836800-1404513497_thumb.

post-157267-0-32787300-1404513506_thumb.

Hi Paul,

Thank you for your response, I am adding some aditional daytime photos. The Lexus Dealer in Las Vegas was the one that actually worked on the vehicle because it was brand new but they did it after the vehicle was delivered. As I read with another user it seems as if Lexus is behind in some aspects with their technolgy. So I just wanted to know does every Lexus owner have this remote start placed on their windshield it is on my passenger side windshield. It was dark last night so I'm not sure the image I portrayed or my explanation was clear. Everything seems to work correctly the range and on the smart phone I can start the car from my office sitting at my desk while it is parked outside. I don't like the fact that it does cut off when I enter but I do understand that was a safety precaution they put in.

I just need to know why this is not hidden. I have friends that are owners of Lincoln and you don't see their remote start. It's not on their windshield so why is ours ?

I was so disappointed as I mentioned when I saw it. The tried to tell me later that they could attempt to hide it under the top cover but the prongs may still stick out. I am just not wanted them to touch it right now until I receive a clearer understanding.

Thank You

Call me crazy, but I have never seen any remote start package installed that looks like your's. What a mess.

In answer to one of your questions, Yes Lexus does offer a factory option remote start. But, it has not been very popular because it's never worked very well. As an example, my dealer offers Python and Cobra brands remote start units. They offer about a 1,000 - 2000ft range and do, still shut off the engine when the drivers door is open until is senses the key FOB inside the cabin. Some people dislike that feature, I like it because it keeps my Lexus in the Target parking lot where I left it.

Remote start units when installed correctly have all components under the hood with the antena just under the rear lip area around the windshield wipers. If it become obvious your dealer is at fault you can aall Lexus Dealer Customer Service, (listed below) and tell them you problem . for resolution.

Let us know what you find out.

Paul

http://www.lexus.com/contact/