Srs Light

wopdude

srSRS light came on (air bag light) took to Lexus dealer and they said it was inside steering wheel squid d? 246.00 to take steering wheel of to diagnose problem,called lexus because I dont feel this is something that should occur in 76,000.00 car. They said I should pay 246.00 for further diagnose and then they would take into consideration if they could help. I'm 80 years old on a fixed income and could use any suggestions from anyone,it would be very much apprieciated. Thank yo u My car is a 2003 LS 430 UL with 121,00k miles:

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome Ted.

That sounds like maybe it could be the clock spring and yes, I would have to agree with you on coverage. It seems like since it is a safety critical feature (air bags), the fix/replacement should be covered under warranty. I had a Chrysler van where the clock spring connection went bad causing the air bag light to come on. Chrysler would cover it no matter what the mileage or year because it was a safely issue. I know that is not Lexus but if Chrysler was compelled to fix it(and I do not think it was out of the goodness of their heart) then maybe Lexus will cover it as a safety issue.