'94 Lexus Es300 Running Rough To A Stop, But Will Start After Pump

I own a 1994 Lexus es300 with now a little over 103K miles. All of a sudden last Tues night, May 13, car running roughly all of a sudden just quit running. Engine light came on but could get it running again after several times of pumping gas pedal and it would start to get me home at about 1.5 mi. Now have blue & white smoke coming out of tailpipes.

Can anyone give me mechanical problems that will tell me what is happening.

I own a 1994 Lexus es300 with now a little over 103K miles. All of a sudden last Tues night, May 13, car running roughly all of a sudden just quit running. Engine light came on but could get it running again after several times of pumping gas pedal and it would start to get me home at about 1.5 mi. Now have blue & white smoke coming out of tailpipes.

Can anyone give me mechanical problems that will tell me what is happening.

Hi Deb,

re you sstill there?.......WE owe you a huge apology if you have us still on your list of Lexus sites. I have no idea what happened to your post but it just poped up today as an unread posting. So please forgive or mistake.

It is nearly impossible to diagnose your problem over a few emails particularly when there are multiple issues involved. I will say that that the blue and white smoke is not a happy sign. It may mean oil being burned in the combustion chamber.

The most important thing to do before any thing else, is to take your car, if it can run that long, to your dealer or Auto Zone store, and have then hook up their small computer that downloads the problem codes which your car has stored every time there has been a problem.

This dooes not fix your car but tells the mechanic what to look for. Auto Zone stores usualy do this for frree. As to your dealer, it just depends on their policy. Just call the dealer and tell them the situation and ask about down loading the codes.

Paul