How To Reprogram My Sc430 Master Key Fob?

Madame Norm

Help! My SB 430 Master key had been working just fine and then it stopped opening the passenger side door after the routine 2 clicks.

I have tried these various remedies and they are not working for me. This is an original Master key. Can any one provide me any insights as to what the issue may be or what I need try?

Thanks,

Madame Norm

No, it is not a new battery. All other functions using the key fob are working just fine. I was hoping the "reset" would get it working again the the passenger side door.

Hi Lori,

As Becki said, your first step is to make sure you have power. It is not undeard of for a key to loose it's programing, in particular when you stop and remember your SC430 is 20 years old. ( I still think the SC should have never been discontinued).

If that doesn't do the trick then buying a new key/fob should fix the problem. I did a quick search on-line and found this site which carry's a large selection of auto keys. The new key/fob is about $30.00.

This link should take you to the page which shows the Lexus model and year to cross reference to the correct key/fob. A special note: The key for your SC430 - 2004, is designed to be on-board programable. This means you will be able to sit in the drivers seat, and by following the directions that come with the key, you'll be able to program the key your self.

Please come back and let us know how your coming along.

Paul

https://www.remotesandkeys.com/Lexus-Ingenuity-Transponder-Key-p/cktoy50pt.htm