Problems With Power

sairick

Have as 94 ls 400 stock far as I know have a problem with no power

I had to floor it and manually shift it just to get up to 55 ... did a full tune up plugs , wires? Caps and rotors during the tune up I noticed a wire almost cut in half. It went into the block under the cap. Repaired the wires and taped them up so they didn't rub any more.

Still didn't fix the problem

So pulled front 2 cats down cleaned them out (litterally) still have no power xar gets up to speed if I floor it. But I don't have to manually shift it anymore so it's a bit better but still not working right. Where too next? 3rd cat? Tps? Any ideas?

Yes, check for codes as a first step. Use this procedure -> http://www.lexls.com/tutorials/intro/codereading.html

Did this behavior just suddenly occur or has it been progressively getting worse? How many miles and how long have you owned the car? Need a little background. Thanks.

Yes sorry have 2 different posts . 13,21 and 28 were codes pulled from a computer scaner. I can remember the print out now but I have a post on the general maintain form about same problem 2 of the codes are o2 sensors. The third is something about em not getting signal when motor is over 1000 rpm.

Where did you find someone with an OBD1 scanner? Anyway it seems from a little reading that you timing is out of whack from the code 13. That clipped wire was probably your cam sensor and since it was clipped the car ran rich which in turn most likely fouled up both oxygen sensors. With 229k when was the timing belt last done?

I recommend changing both oxygen sensors and checking the wiring and connectors for the camshaft sensors as well as the crankshaft sensors. check this thread out. Maybe yo have the failing ECU but I would check tha LAST and pay attention to the codes first.

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls400/412667-dtc-code-engine-code-13-a.html

Will o2 sensors give it no power? Was told that if they get too bad computer goes into an open loop and just runs at a set mixture.. timing belt changed 32k miles ago should be fine. Fixed the wire with heat shrink removed the sensor. Cleaned .even repaired the out we r metal sleeve on the wire. It's a computer aftermarket for foreign cars