Is Price Good Or Bad?

neni

Should have done it yourself I redid my brakes with cross drilled and slotted rotors all4 and 4 new high performance pads grand total $300 and a saturday

Hi Lexual ,

It was nice to hear from you that you did on your own, but I don't know how to do it, how complex it is and what are all the tool that I required to do it.I have poor knowledge in auto industry ,but still I m interested to learn do it on my own.

--Thanks,

Neni

you need to live out in the boonies like me where auto-experts are abundant. i have different friends who can fix virtually anything on any of my vehicles for super cheap prices. could have just asked here for directions on how to do the work yourself.

Should have done it yourself I redid my brakes with cross drilled and slotted rotors all4 and 4 new high performance pads grand total $300 and a saturday

Hi Lexual ,

It was nice to hear from you that you did on your own, but I don't know how to do it, how complex it is and what are all the tool that I required to do it.I have poor knowledge in auto industry ,but still I m interested to learn do it on my own.

--Thanks,

Neni

Not very hard at all requires a socket set, and a well really thats it. after you take off the tire there is 4 or 6 dont remeber off the top of my head bolts that you unscrew the caliper holding the brake pads slips right off the rotor and then your rotor comes off. Pretty simple really

I replaced my rear rotor recenlty too, it was basically straight forward. If your not experienced, then you might want to have someone around who is to show you the basics.

One thing to mention, you'll want to compress the brake caliper piston to make room for the new pads, I usually do this with a small pry bar while everything is still assembled (wheel removed), but the 'official' way is to remove the caliper and use a c-clamp and an old pad (piston side) and gently squeeze the piston back into its housing. Either way, I loosen the filler cap on the master cylinder to allow the fluid a place to go while compressing the piston - and don't forget to tighten the filler cap when you're done (like I always do).

I replaced my rear rotor recenlty too, it was basically straight forward. If your not experienced, then you might want to have someone around who is to show you the basics.

One thing to mention, you'll want to compress the brake caliper piston to make room for the new pads, I usually do this with a small pry bar while everything is still assembled (wheel removed), but the 'official' way is to remove the caliper and use a c-clamp and an old pad (piston side) and gently squeeze the piston back into its housing. Either way, I loosen the filler cap on the master cylinder to allow the fluid a place to go while compressing the piston - and don't forget to tighten the filler cap when you're done (like I always do).

i forgot about the stupid pistons good call :cheers: