Mildew Smell From Air Vents

3 hours ago, myrab said:

And, 28,000 odometer miles later, I’m still sick.  As a side note, I have never ever been treated for allergies.  With no exceptions.  

Maybe you should seek medical advice.  People can develop allergies as they age and some non-allergy maladies have allergy-like symptoms.  

For example, I wasn't allergic to poison ivy until I got into my 60's and now I'm terribly allergic to it.  Similarly, mosquitoes didn't bite me until I got into my 60's and now they feast on me.  It's the same with pollen - allergies got much worse as I aged.

My take is that Toyota/Lexus still can't be beat for quality, low maintenance requirements and freedom from repairs.  Most surveys I've seen support that such as this recent one:  https://www.jdpower.com/business/press-releases/2024-us-vehicle-dependability-study-vds

In 2022 we broke our 32 year string of buying only Lexus and Toyota brand vehicles and bought a new Porsche Cayenne SUV looking for a better driving experience.  We got a pretty remarkable driving experience but the Cayenne has required more visits to the dealer for repairs (mostly software related) in two years than any Toyota/Lexus vehicle we've owned has required in 8 to 14 years.  I'm already thinking that I'll go back to Lexus when I'm done with this Porsche.

If your Lexus really is causing your illness, can you dump it and buy something else?   It doesn't seem reasonable to continue driving a vehicle that compromises one's health.