99 Transmission Slipping

I have a 1999 Lexus ES 300 with 145k miles. Tonight, on the highway, it started slipping into neutral. The dash still showed "D" but there was no power. After 5-10 seconds, it would re-engage. It did this all the way home. I plan to take it in tomorrow but wanted to see if anyone had experience with this. Am I looking at a new transmission? Or just drain and re-fill? Or maybe something else?

Thanks

A drain and fill would be the only thing I would do, but also clean or change the transmission filter. Could be a linkage adjustment, maybe the selector switch assembly came loose down on the tranny. Did you check the fluid level?

It is possible that the torque converter is on its way out. Prior to the Lexus branding coming to market, my bride always drove Toyota Cressida's. Her last one prior to her first ES300 had a similar issue that turned out to be the torque converter, but that was an early 1980's car. Hope it turns out to be an easy fix!