2007 Es 350 Is It A Good Deal ?

ymss845

I found by a dealer a 2007 lexus es 350 with 102k miles with good carfax just 1 accident 2 months ago but only small with 2 owners & on the carfax it says the transmittion was replaced by about 70k miles he ask for it 13k dollars. I'm curious if its a great deal & I should grab it ? Is the millage to high already for that kinda car ? Or if I'm anyway ready to spend that amount of money I should rather look for better cars ???

post-151445-0-89234900-1379388030_thumb.

Hi Mec and welcome to the Lexus Owners Club. I'm sorry it took so long for someone to answer your post but it's been pretty busy around here.

First. I owned a 2010 ES350 so I know the model your looking at fairly well. I just traded for another Lexus so you can tell I'm a happy camper.

The car has pretty low miles for being in service 6 years. It is only 17,000 miles per year. You didn't provide a description/list of accessories or options which can make the car worth substanialy more. Therefore, I based the pricing on an average equiped model.

To me, the glaring thing that sticks out is the transmission replacement. At only 70K miles, why did they replace the entire transmision? Was there more to that accident than meets the eye. The only way I would buy this car is if it was sold to me as a "Certified Pre-Owned" Car, wich includes a warranty and a 102 point check-up and repair before you buy it. If I remember correctly, the warranty is 40,000 miles or 4 years.

Here are some sample prices for this car as gotten from NADA>

Base - $ 12,975

Average Condition - $ 14,850

Very Clean - $ 18,050

To check prices for your self, go to NADA, (National Automoble Dealers Association.) It's free.

Another good site is Kelley's Blue Book. Both new and used prices. You can enter KBB.

Lets us know how things turn out

Paul