Missing Remote Fob

busidit

I am the new owner of a used 1999 RX300.

The car came with only one master key (better than nothing) and no remote transmitter of any sort. The car is equipped with whatever factory remote receiver as well as remote starting.

I would like to take advantage of the features associated with this system.

What am I in for?

Thanks.

If you have only one key, my suggestion is to be at the nearest Lexus dealer when they open tomorrow to get what you need. If you lose that one key, you are up $hit Creek. Yes, you might be able to do it cheaper elsewhere or on the Internet but why take the risk with that one key. I've "been there" and that's what I did.

I consider that good advice. I had a second master key made today ($62.) by Nyberg Lock Company in Seattle. They have transponder blanks in stock.

Unfortunately this locksmith is not able to program the the new transponder into the ecu memory so I have a non-working key. I will continue to wade through the mass of information on the web and keep trying the on-board programming methods to do it myself.

Is anyone here aware of a video instruction that documents on board programming for 1999 RX300 keys?

I will make one myself and post if I can ever figure it out.