120K Service Advice For A 2001 Rx300

lkeeley

Hey it's about time for my 120K mile service and the RX has been humming along quietly and happily (especially since I took care of the air servo mixers a few weeks ago thanks to advice here).

Anyways on the list of things due at a 120K mile service that I already haven't taken care of are,

Brake Fluid change

Coolant change

Limited slip differential Fluid

and the re-torquing of the drive shaft bolts.

I bought the car used at 88K and don't know for sure the history of the transmission fluid. The prior owners always had it serviced at the dealership and it looks like did everything the dealer told them to, but there is no mention of the transmission fluid on the records, so I have always assumed it went unchanged and following the advice I've read here, figured at some point I would just do a drain and fill, but the fluid looks great, so I'm not sure what to think there.

So I'm here asking advice on what on the list I really need done, thoughts on what it should cost me at the dealership or otherwise and thoughts on the transmission fluid.

Thanks!!

The transmission fluid should be drain and refilled. Dropping the pan and cleaning or replacing the filter would also be a great idea. DO NOT HAVE THEM DO A FLUSH, DO NOT HAVE THEM PERFORM A FLUSH. Sorry but that is very important. Also the Spark Plugs may be due. If all service has been performed at Lexus you should be able to pull up records on MY LEXUS site and see what was done. Other than the normal fluids that should be it. THe timing belt should have been performed at 90k miles.