Great Way To Get Service History On Any Lexus

dlefever

You guys and girls may already be aware of this, but this was something that I recently discovered that has helped my son and i with our potential SC400 purchase plans. You can visit Lexus.com, create a login and get the full history of service for any Lexus that was serviced by Lexus. It's been the first thing that I do when I'm checking out a potential car to purchase. I've been amazed that frequently I know more about the car history than the seller! Here's what you need to do:

1) Go to Lexus.com

2) Click Owners Resources near the top right

3) Click My Lexus

4) Create a login ID and password

5) Log into the site

6) Click the Service History and add a car using the VIN

7) Navigate through the Service History to see what service was performed

Most older cars will typically have service history stop at some point when the owner finally realizes that they can save a ton of money by having service performed on their car from a repair shop other than Lexus. Still, it's a great help when you are trying to get history on a car and the owner has no service records.

• 1 month later...

Works great. Was able to see that my power steering pump WAS replaced by the dealer at 115K miles. Now at 175K, so I have a bit more time before it starts to leak (due to side-loading on the shaft seal)...