Last Service Visit (And 2 Minor Recalls)

I was at dealership for annual oil change (Mobil 1 synthetic as usual) on my 07 IS350. No problems. They did perform a couple of minor recalls (inside emergency trunk release and wiper bolt) which added about 1/2 hour to process. Free gas fillup was included but not mentioned.

The next day I received the online survey regarding the service visit. I gave excellent marks to my Service Advisor (only use 1) who has consistently provided excellent service for 4 years straight. I gave "fair" rating for car wash and at end of survey it said they would contact me regarding this. So we will see.... (I'll report back later)

I was at dealership for annual oil change (Mobil 1 synthetic as usual) on my 07 IS350. No problems. They did perform a couple of minor recalls (inside emergency trunk release and wiper bolt) which added about 1/2 hour to process. Free gas fillup was included but not mentioned.

The next day I received the online survey regarding the service visit. I gave excellent marks to my Service Advisor (only use 1) who has consistently provided excellent service for 4 years straight. I gave "fair" rating for car wash and at end of survey it said they would contact me regarding this. So we will see.... (I'll report back later)

Hi Lex and, from where I'm sitting it's 8:40 am, and already 84'. It's been this way for about a week, with more to come. LOL

Not sure I get your posting. Are you saying that the dealer said in their survey that you would be contacted to discuss why you rated the car wash experience at less than average or "Not Satisfied? Or are you wondering about their attitude, response to your one dissatisfaction.

Most dealers will give the customer a free car wash, and some times an additional "Rain Check" for future use.

Please do come back and tell us how things turned out!!

Paul

p.s. Just an aside; My dealer here has two sons who both work in the dealership. When each would graduate from college, The came back to the dealership to work. Usualy, in these family run business the oldest sibling starts in the position of next in line after Daddy retires.

They do/did it diferantely. Both sons started mowing the lawns for all of the brands lots,(that would be Cadilliac, Jaguar, Infinity, Volvo, Range Rover,Mini, and, plus all pre-Owned. Next they moved to the car wash for a year. Next, Moving, detailing cars ready for the lots and showroom. Another year of that. Then Service Advisor. After that one is now doing new and Pre-Owned cars financing, and the other brother is trying a stint at managing Pre-Owned sales, supervised buy the executives above them.

I didn't mean to get off on a tanget here, but each dealer does have some wiggle room in how they manage the Lexus line. So in some cases you can get different results. The survey the dealer sends out does go to the Lexus office as well so all parties are seeing an on going picture of how that dealers customers satisfaction ratings are doing.

Hi Lex and, from where I'm sitting it's 8:40 am, and already 84'. It's been this way for about a week, with more to come. LOL

Not sure I get your posting. Are you saying that the dealer said in their survey that you would be contacted to discuss why you rated the car wash experience at less than average or "Not Satisfied? Or are you wondering about their attitude, response to your one dissatisfaction.

Most dealers will give the customer a free car wash, and some times an additional "Rain Check" for future use.

Please do come back and tell us how things turned out!!

Paul

Yes, I think that was the only item that jumped out to them since I mentioned "fair" for the car wash. All other line items were very good to excellent. No concerns about their attitude, the customer service has been excellent from day 1. So we will see if the followup with me, since they said they would.

• 2 weeks later...

Followup posting (3 weeks after service appointment) - Have not heard back from dealership, not that it's a big deal.

Note: It was an automated response during on-line survey that indicated they would be in contact with me (probably regarding my reply of "fair" on the question regarding car wash). Sounds like nobody in service is following up.