Dvd Player W/o Remote Gx470 - Can Play On Nav But How To Switch To Rea

Tanina

Hi there,

My son misplaced the remote for the dvd system in our 2006 GX470. We are going on a road trip - YIKES!
Figured out how to get the player to work on the navigation screen without the remote by applying the emergency brake but how do I then switch it to the back screen? It remains black after putting it in drive.

Thanks. I'd appreciate your help if you could give it.

This has been awhile since I have done this. My previous 04 RX330. When you start the DVD from the NAV menu...you should be able to turn it on the rear screen. You may want to sit in back and see if it comes on when you have it on up front. From there when you start driving the front screen will turn off but the rear should remain on. I never used the remote ever...and I always started the DVD from the front.

Thanks for your help. When I was able to turn it on, on the nav screen, the rear did not come on. As soon as I get in the car again, I wiil try again and let you know.

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I do appreciate it.

Sure if you sit in back I am almost sure you can start it by taking the DVD out and putting it back in. Make sure you hit the cd aux button twice (I think) up front for audio. Good luck!!!

Hey guys! Thanks. Doing the parking brake thing (which I did not know about) and FINALLY being able to see a DVD on the nav was pretty cool as I wondered (tried) to do this several times and could not figure it out. Then, after learning this nifty little trick, I wondered why the heck I could then not see a thing on the rear screen. All it took was ejecting and reinserting the DVD and the back screen came on (I heard harps).

Murphy's Law being, well, Murphy's Law, I found the darn remote today. It was tucked between the seat and console. Yes, I looked there 3 x before. I guess insanity as defined by... forgot his name... was incorrect. I did get a different outcome - and the fourth time was the charm!

My son is five so, not to jinx myself, the remote is probably bound to be lost for good but now I have the knowledge to operate the player without it.

THANK YOU!!! Your help is appreciated. :D

You are welcome glad you found the remote. I have two little ones and now we use iPads for them and play the audio through Bluetooth. I wouldn't take a trip without it! :cheers: