Remote Car Started & New Key

AshleyRose

I just bought a used Lexus. The closest Lexus dealership is 3 hours. I am wanting to get a remote car starter and new key fob as one is on its last leg and want a spare for backup. Does anyone know if Toyota dealership can order and install these things or is it best to travel the three hours and have them take care of it.

Hi Brenda and welcome to the Lexus Owners Club.

I've had three remote start packaages installed in three different ES's. The oldest was a 2005 ES330. The 330 was the model just following the 300. I doubt there was much differance between them as it pertains to the installation of a remote starter. However, before driving anywhere, you can call both the Toyota and Lexus dealers for a quote. You see, there is no Lexus beand remote starter for your year and model. Lexus didn't start offering that until around 2011(?). So where ever yo go it will be an after-market product, which in many ways in better than the one Lexus offers. As I said earlier, I've had three aftermarket units installed and have loved them.

The key can be programed by either dealer, or an up to date locksmith,I had a quote from a locksmith a few months ago for $35.00. Prices vary from place to place. Here in the midwest, my Lexus dealer charged me around $600. and took about a day for the installation.

Please come back and let us know how things are going.

Paul