Headlight Mystery

Hoping someone, anyone can help this n00b out! sad.gif I have a 92 SC300 and i noticed that the night that I bought the car (last Sunday), that when I turned the lights on, the lights that should be the high beams ( inside lights) come on, while the lights that should be the lo beams (outside lights) don't come on until I engage the hi beam lever. How could something like this happen?

So what you are saying is they are backwards? Low comes on when should be HI and HI comes on when should be LOW Beams? I don't know how that could happen either? Maybe someone else can chime in and help out...

Yeah basically the little round lights from what I understand are supposed to be my hi beams, but they're acting like low beams, and my low beams don't come on until I hit the high beam switch. Is it possible that the little round lights are actually day time running lights and that I may just have bulbs out?

I don't think 1992's had Day time lights but I could be wrong? It should be rather easy to tell if they are high beams or low beams at night. Check the bulbs and see if they are bad? But I wouldn't think both sides would go out like that either.

Well as soon as I turn the lights on, the smaller round ones come on. When I pull the lever for hi beams the outside lights light up. It's possible that I have bulbs out. It was night to e obviously when I turned the lights on so ill check tonight

Figured it out! seems that is a bulb is out the car acts a little nuts. Once I replaced the rear lights and the light that was out in the main headlight assembly the car went back to normal. Thanks for the input though. I appreciate it. Now onto the next problem.