2002 Rx300 No Brights

Jakeesspoo

My wives 2002 rx300 bright lights aren't working. The bright light indicator comes on but the brights do not. The fuse is good. A mechanic (not our regular mechanic) told my wife we need a new switch and that it would be 350.00. Maybe he's right but I would think that if the switch were bad the bright light indicator on the cluster would not come on either. I don't want him to order a switch,bill us,that not be the problem,and then have to argue about paying for the switch they ordered Does anyone have any experience with this problem? It looks like I can get a new light/turn signal switch for around eighty bucks online. I'm not trying to cheat a mechanic out of money or work here but this has been the best car we have ever owned and were now actually getting our money out of a vehicle and I wold like to keep that streak going. I old my wife we cold get a new one (not because of this problem,just o upgrade) and she said no. She wants to run it till the wheels fall off she loves it. I'm also impressed with it and her next new car WILL be another Lexus.