92 Sc400 Catalytic Converter

Hey everyone I just recently bought a 92 sc400 and its an amazing car. Now my two main cats are completely shot. Should I replace them or just test pipe the two? Any ideas or pros and cons would be cool. Thanks

• 3 months later...

Hi S_mil94. Make sure you can legally test pipe the two. I don't want you to get into any trouble with that. And make sure it will pass emissions if required in you area.

In my opinion, I would replace the two cats with High Flow Cats. I have had great success in replacing the cats in all my previous cars with High Flow Cats from Magnaflow. I have not tried them on my SC but I will if/when they need replacement. I like the High Flow Cats because it gives the engine the required back pressure but adds a nice sound (not loud...just throaty) and passes emissions requirements. Anyone who has replaced their cats with High Flow ones can chime in with their results.

Good luck and enjoy.

D-LEX

• 2 weeks later...

I would delete them, unless your state has emissions. In Alabama, we have ZERO emissions. If indeed you have them, then go with something less restrictive. Maybe Magnaflow or something similiar. Best of luck.