Odd Electrical Odor When 2013 Rx450 Starts

Has anyone experienced an odd smell when they first start the engine? It is brief, but smelly.

The dealer changed the cabin filter at my 5000 mile service. but that didn't resolve the issue. It's very strange. I thought it smelled like stinky shoes, but friends say its electrical. It just started at around 4000 miles. The car is garaged. Its not mildew odor. Just curious. I've never owned a hybrid so I don't know if this is normal. Thanks for any feedback.

I have never smelled anything in my 07 RX400h. If it's a musty odor, your AC evaporator drain hose could be plugged, but you would probably notice wet carpet under the blower motor in the front passenger footwell. Can you pinpoint the odor to inside somewhere, or the engine bay?

In my case it's definitely an electrical burning smell (I think :D ), and when it happens it's usually on start-up. Except once in traffic but then I put it down to the car in front. Once after smelling it from the driver's seat I went round the outside of the car but couldn't detect it anywhere (ie coming up from engine well via wiper area, or out via either of the wheel arches).

Mike