Does 1992 Ls400 Have Light Ring In Drivers Door Keyway?

wuzzy1

Thank you Clikdik and Steve2006 in responding to my question regarding the ignition light ring bulb. Replacement was a snap...used regular bulb #2721. OM MANI PADME HUM...good KARMA to you.

Seems to me I remember the outside drivers door keyway having a light ring also when lifting up on the handle. If that is a fact, can you help me with replacing that bulb?

They only work at night, if you pull up the door handle whilst the car is locked the lock should illuminate and also the interior front dome light should also come on.

If the lamp has failed in the lock ring it's a PITA to get to as it involves removal of the interior door panel and even then access is tight.

I agree with steve2006, the door handle will have to be removed and then the lock cylinder has a bulb fitting on it (this applies to the gen1 versions for certain, but may also apply to later models) which can be removed, but it is do-able if you follow the clear directions for inner door panel and outer door handle removal on lexls' excellent website.

I suppose the driving (no pun intended) question is whether it is really worth all the trouble of removing the inner door panel, the door handle etc. Fortunately, (or unfortunately) some of the models (mine in particular is) are prone to having the outer door handles break and necessitate their removal/repair, at which time both, the courtesy illumination bulb and the door handle can be replaced if necessary ;)