Rx300 Tire Pressure

rdcrow91

What tire pressure do you guys who have RX300s run? I had a new pair of Integritys put on in December at a Toyota dealer and either then or when I got my oil changed at Goodyear a couple weeks ago they must have put it at 38psi...is that too high? I know the sticker on the door recommends 30 but as it is the tires look underinflated.

Welcome to the LOC rdcrow91.

The correct tire pressure for your RX300h is always that specified on the drivers side door post or the owners manual. The pressure shown on the tire itself is the maximun pressure the tire can be safely inflated to. If the Toyota folks or the good people at Goodyear inflated your tires to 38, it would make me look for a differant shop. IMO, over time many members have found that taking their high priced luxury car to places like Goodyear, Jiffy Lube, Midas, etc., was hardly worth the $20.00 bucks or so they saved. Things such as wrong oil type or not actualy changing oil, and very young inexperenced help are problrms that come up.

The link below is a article explaing how to determine the correct tire pressure for a car.

Let us know if you got you problem solved.

Paul

http://ask.cars.com/2007/05/how_do_i_find_t.html

Almost always when I get my car back from getting serviced the air pressure has been set to high. The reccomended tire pressures that are shown on your car are for cold readings. By the time the car gets to the shop you have driven it and the tires have warmed up increasing the pressure reading. The shops generally will over inflate some to make sure there is enough air in them. Normally when I get my car back is the next morning check the air pressure and let out air.