Parking Brake Always On At Start

02ls430lexus

Need some input on how to adjust the parking brake on my 02 Ls 430. Every time i get in the car to start it the brake light comes on and i have to release the parking brake to shut it off. Only does it when you start the car and the brake pull lever seems really loose. Thanks

The problem is I don't put it on when i get in the car the light comes on and i have to pull the handle to release it. I never put it on it just does it by itself. Its never pressed down hardly at all just enough to make the light come on.

Yeah, mine does this too, only not very often. Couple of quick fix thoughts...some say that slightly low brake fluid level in the master cylinder can cause this. I remain very skeptical of this view, but check and top it off anyway (but only if low).

Another thing to try...while releasing the parking brake by pulling the console lever, also forcefully pull up on the parking brake foot lever with your left foot (or hand). It could be that the floor lever never gets fully sprung back into the 'off' position.